WOW, what an awesome event!
We partnered with students from Winona State University and Winona Senior High School to host our first National Drug Take-Back Day. The event was held in the Winona Health Parking Lot on Saturday, April 30, 2016 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. Collected items were transported by law enforcement to a designated incinerator, and information was provided about the existing drop box location.
- Nearly 175 families showed up!
- 20 thirteen-gallon trash bags were filled!
- 240 LBS of Rx medications collected!
- 25 volunteers helped throughout the day!
- 5 raffle prize winners (Toppers, Kwik Trip, HyVee, Caribou, & Target)
- FREE ice cream vouchers given to each guest
Did you know about the permanent drop box in Winona? You can drop off old prescription drugs to the Winona County Law Enforcement Center (Open 24/7). Learn more on our Drug Disposal page, and print & share our flyer.
Thank you all who attended and helped out!