It was an eye-opening and inspiring event!
Last night we had over 100 guests (youth and adults) at the East Rec Center to learn from local experts in varying fields, including two Drug Court participants. There was a 1-hour presentation by 6 speakers, followed by a 30-minute Q&A for guests to ask their own questions anonymously. Below is a list of topics covered, and the list of speakers who shared. There will be a recording of the event posted shortly.
You can read more about it in the Winona Daily News: “Finally belonging: Winona addicts, experts share stories of overcoming drug use”
Thank you all who attended and volunteered! Our coalition functions because of volunteers, and we want to partner with you to make a difference. Please join us at the National Drug Take Back Day (April 30 – Winona Health), and reach out to the Program Coordinator to get involved.
- Brain development
- How substance use affects the brain
- Personal stories
- How does treatment work?
- What help is available?
- Local trends
- Max Ruff’s personal story
- Tyler Eldridge’s personal story
- Ruth Charles, MSW, Ph.D. – Winona State University
- Teri Henderson, Probation Officer – Winona County Corrections
- Mary Olson, MS, LPCC, LADC, NCC – Common Ground
- Bridget Klinger, Community Liasion Officer – Winona Police Department