Instead of vaping, I…
While more students have tried or used vaping devices regularly in recent years, many students still don’t use them. Tobacco/nicotine use (primarily vaping) was reported by 12% of Winona County 8th graders, and 15% of 9th and 11th graders (Minnesota Student Survey, 2019).
We think more people need to know this – that many students still don’t vape. Everyone has a reason for choosing not to vape or wanting to quit, so let’s hear their stories through art!
Deadline to submit a photo or image of your artwork is December 3, 2021. Use the online form below.
This year’s art contest theme is “Instead of vaping, I…”. Students are invited to create and submit a piece of artwork that illustrates why they choose not to vape. It could be something you enjoy most in life or something that helps you if trying to quit (e.g. hobby, person, thing, future goal, etc.). Students must submit a photo of their artwork through the ONLINE FORM
- Any student of Winona County in Grades 6th-12th.
- Both visual and graphic artwork is allowed. Artwork can include drawings, paintings, sculptures, photography, and graphic design.
- Students are allowed to submit one piece of artwork.
- Artwork must be related to the theme, “Instead of vaping, I…”.
- Artwork does not have to contain the words, “Instead of vaping, I…”.
- Artwork should not contain any profanity or inappropriate images that would also violate school policies.
- You may only submit your own artwork, not someone else’s.
- Artwork must be submitted ONLINE by Friday, December 3, 2021.
- October 8th – Students may begin submitting artwork
- December 3rd – Submission deadline
- December 17th – Winners will be announced
One student will be selected from each grade (6th-12th) and awarded a gift card ($25-$30 value). Winning artwork will be selected based on uniqueness & originality, concept selection, complexity, and quality. Artwork will be reviewed and scored by members of ASAP through anonymous voting.