The Tobacco 21 policy changes the legal tobacco age to 21. Twenty three cities across Minnesota have already adopted this change. This is a free informational meeting to learn more about the Tobacco 21 policy, and to discuss making the change locally. The event is being held in the B.A. Miller Auditorium at Winona Health. The room is located on the 3rd floor, and is best accessed through the hospital entrance and by taking the elevators behind the gift shop.
Registration is not required, but preferred to plan accordingly. Light refreshments and cookies will be served. You may contact the Program Coordinator with any questions by emailing [email protected] or calling 507-474-2727.
Participants will leave knowing:
- The impact of Tobacco 21 policies on youth tobacco use and the research which supports it.
- The value of passing this policy locally.
- The influence local policies have on creating statewide change and reductions in youth tobacco use.
- Responses to community members’ frequently asked questions and concerns about implementing.
- Lessons learned from community organizers in Minnesota who have passed a Tobacco 21 policy.
- Talking points, tips, and tools to pursue this policy in your community. These tools include: an assessment to gauge community readiness, methods for community engagement, draft ordinance language and letter templates.