Don’t underestimate the influence you have! There is a saying, “More is caught than taught,” meaning your kids are watching, and learn a lot from you in this way. They also remember the consistent messages you share, and the resources below can help you have healthy conversations around alcohol and other drugs.
- 8 Ways to Talk With Your Teen About Drugs and Alcohol is a quick-tips article.
- Marijuana Talk Kit is a guide to give you “just the facts”, and helps parents and teens talk about Marijuana together.
- Talk They Hear You (TTHY) gives you a list of quick-read articles to help have conversations about alcohol. Try out the conversation simulator using the interactive app.
- Family Checkup is a tutorial (with videos) teaching on 5 parenting skills: Communication, Encouragement, Negotiation, Setting Limits, and Supervision.
- Power of Parents is a pocket guide on talking to kids about alcohol (created by Mothers Against Drunk Driving).