We use the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) to help guide our prevention efforts around alcohol and other drug abuse education in the community. Below is an example applying the model to an everyday event by listing sample considerations at each stage. This process helps us create positive and lasting community change. You can read a thorough description of the SPF here.
Event – Cooking dinner
Sustainability: How do we create a team effort to handle meal planning in the future?
Cultural Competence: How do we listen to and incorporate different food preferences?
- When was the last time we ate?
- Who all needs to eat?
- What have we eaten so far this week?
- Who is helping to cook?
- How much time do we have to cook?
- Do we have all the ingredients?
- Where is the cookbook?
- What are Top-Rated recipes?
- Who is boiling the water?
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare ingredients for Ina’s Mac and Cheese
- Bake 30-35 minutes
- How long did it actually take to bake?
- Who liked it? Who did not?
- Are people still hungry?